Last modified: October 5, 2023
ClearCompany, Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.clearcompany.com/ our related sub-domains https://*.clearcompany.com and our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) application (collectively referred to as our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
ClearCompany will never sell your personal information to a third party.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13:
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the B4685992.1 2 Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It:
ClearCompany may collect the following information, including Personal Information from and about you:
From your interaction with Sales, Marketing, and Customer Support: We collect Personal Information such as your name, company name, email address, phone number, and billing information when you request a demo of our Services or request sales information or customer service.
Do Not Track Policy:
Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop. Options you select are browser and device-specific.
Information You Provide to Us:
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- As a SaaS provider, information gathered on behalf of our customers about their business processes, employees, vendors, and applicants.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
How We Use Your Information:
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide and enhance the Website services.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way, we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information to receive marketing emails, follow the instructions in the email to opt-out or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of Your Information:
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of ClearCompany, Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by ClearCompany, Inc. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To employers, when you apply to a position managed by the Website on behalf of that employer or when you become an employee of an employer who uses the Website.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ClearCompany, Inc., our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information:
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website. If you disable or refuse 6 cookies, please note that some parts of this site may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Updating, Correcting, and Deleting Data:
ClearCompany provides an individual who has submitted information on the Site with the ability to review, correct, and request the deletion of any of the personally identifiable information that was entered in their profile on the Site. To correct or delete any information in a Site profile, an individual may update that profile (through their account page on the Site) or may contact ClearCompany by e-mailing us at DPO@clearcompany.com. If you’ve applied to one of ClearCompany’s customers’ requisitions, you may be redirected back to them to complete this request.
Data Originating From the European Union:
ClearCompany now relies on Standard Contractual Clauses to transfer personal data from the EU, UK, and Switzerland.
EU-US Data Privacy Framework (EU-US DPF), the UK Extension to the EU-US DPF, and the Swiss-US Data Privacy Framework (Swiss-US DPF)
In compliance with the DPF Principles, we affirm the following statements:
- We are subject to the oversight and enforcement authority of the Federal Trade Commission
- We acknowledge the EU, UK, and Swiss individual’s right to access their data and to amend or correct inaccurate or incomplete information.
- We acknowledge the right of EU, U, and Swiss individuals to demand removal of personal data that has been handled in violation of the DPF Principles.
- We may be required to release personal information in response to legal requests by public authorities including to meet law enforcement and/or national security requirements.
In compliance with the EU-U.S Data Privacy Framework (EU-U.S DPF), the UK Extension to the EU-U.S DPF, and the Swiss-U.S Data Privacy Framework (Swiss-U.S DPF) Principles, ClearCompany commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to the EU-U.S DPF, the UK extension to the EU-U.S DPF, and the Swiss-U.S Data Privacy Framework Principles. European Union, United Kingdom, and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints should first contact DPO@clearcompany.com
ClearCompany has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Data Privacy Framework program to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, Data Privacy Framework Services, operated by BBB National Programs. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://bbbprograms.org/programs/all-programs/dpf-consumers/ProcessForConsumers for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your DPF complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See https://www.dataprivacyframework.gov/s/article/G-Arbitration-Procedures-dpf?tabset-35584=2
ClearCompany’s Data Protection Officer:
ClearCompany’s Data Protection Officer can be reached at DPO@clearcompany.com.
ClearCompany retains personal information and the personal data we process on behalf of our customers for as long as needed to provide the Services to customers, job-seekers, and employees enrolled in those Services. We will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements with customers and/or the period required by laws in applicable jurisdictions.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.